US financial institution Morgan Stanley increased its exposure to Bitcoin in the last few months. It currently has $303 million worth of shares of the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC). Actually, it had 6,626,381 shares on September 30.
In the last few times, Morgan Stanley has been one of the financial institutions which have been active in the crypto world.
Specifically, the filings of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reveal that in the third quarter of 2018, Morgan Stanley funds added millions of GBTC shares of Bitcoin.
Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman stated, ” I don’t think that cryptocurrencies are a trend. “
Morgan Stanley owns Grayscale more than 1 million shares of Bitcoin-backed securities.
Morgan Stanley funds purchase more than 2 million shares.
In any case, Morgan Stanley, in recent filings with the SEC, disclosed a significant rise in the number of transactions made with Bitcoin (BTC). Particularly it was found in three of the most crucial Grayscale funds.
- The Morgan Stanley Insight Fund, at the end of September, has increased its stock holdings in the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) to 1,520,549.
- In addition, the Morgan Stanley Global Opportunity Portfolio had 1463,714 GBTC shares. This is an increase of 59% over the 919,805 shares held in the previous three-month period.
Indeed an analyst from MacroScope announced the news. Based on the company’s most recent file with the SEC.
” In the latest filings to the SEC, Morgan Stanley has disclosed a significant increase in the exposure to Bitcoin in its business of asset management. In the past, Morgan reported buying BTC on Grayscale from a variety of mutual funds. Three funds have the most holdings in Grayscale. ‘
- Growth Portfolio (as of September 30) 3642,118 shares.
- Insight Fund (as of September 30) 1 549 shares.
- Global Opportunity Portfolio (as of September 30,) 1,463,714 shares.
A fun fact, the international banking institution Morgan Stanley has generously doubled its stake in the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust since April.
- The month of June was revealed that the company had bought the shares of 28,289 GBTC shares. At a cost in the region of 1.3 million in the year at hand, via the Europe Opportunity Fund.
- Based on an SEC report, The Morgan Stanley Europe Opportunity Fund held 58,116 shares of Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) on July 31.
- In addition, as per public documents provided by the SEC that were released on August 25, 2021, Morgan Stanley increased its exposure to BTC. Through the purchase of over one million shares in Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC ).
I end with this line from Baruch Spinoza “The greatest thing human beings can accomplish is to comprehend because understanding is free. “